Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mojo Monday *With Sympathy*

So I know it is the end of the week, but I wanted to use this week's Mojo Monday sketch. Since I recently made some sympathy cards, I decided instead of waiting until I need one to go ahead and have one ready.... I sure don't hope I need to use it anytime soon, but at least I have one ready so I don't have to think about it when another sad time comes. Here is the sketch this week by Julee Tilman. 
Thank you!


Here is the sympathy card that I made using this sketch. The flourish in Kraft is from Cheery Lynn Designs "fanciful flourish" and I added tiny flowers using my Fiskars punch with tiny pearls in the center. The big flower was made using tissue paper that I recently made for a shabby chic birthday card. You can find the tutorial here. The beautiful stamp is from Verve called "treasured words "and I used Donna Salazar's Chox in "sparrow" which is wonderful and fast drying. 



Here is a closer view. The bling I bought at the local Michaels and it comes with several pieces. 


I chose the wood background paper and I found it at Joann's. The card only took about 30 minutes to make which is perfect if you need a card in a hurry. I also added a bit of lace to the flag to give this card a warmer look. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 
xoxo

No comments: