Sunday, March 10, 2013

Shabby Room Birthday Wishes

Good Morning! Last night I was working on this card for this week's Shabby Tea Room Challenge # 156. I have been thinking about what I wanted to do from the inspirational photo the past few days. Basically, I decided I wanted to make the room with the desk and and chair. The rules for this week is to use WHITE and ONE color plus a FRAME. I originally was going to use the "floral ovals" for the frame that I use quite a bit, but with the desk there would be no room? So on this 5 x 6 inch card,  I used my cricut for the chair, desk and frame. It is from the "sentimentals" cartridge. I have never cut these pieces before and well, I love the way they turned out! The desk is cut at 2.5 inches, the chair and mirror/frame at 3 inches. I also used my "sweet treats" cartridge again to make another birthday cupcake. I added liquid applique for the frosting and doodled the white lines for the liner, plus a pearl. :)


I wanted to use this light beige color and I didn't have any patterned paper to match? So, I just embossed the white cardstock with Donna Salazar Chox- Driftwood and ran it through the cuttlebug. It sure gives it a shabby look. I also cut a square for an accent pillow and did the same as the background paper. The lacy diecut on the bottom is from Cheery Lynn Designs called "border carnivale" and the beautiful chandelier is soooo delicate it is from Memory Box. I chalked the top of the bulbs with and colored with a jelly roll pen to give it some shine. 


The stamped sentiment is a stamp I bought a long time ago and I don't remember who made it sorry? :( I used the same chalk throughout and used it to stamp the sentiment, then enhanced it again with the jelly roll pen. Of course I cant seem to make a card without ribbon and bling...but it matches the beige color. On the photo inspiration, there was also a feather wreath on the chair so I added one behind the chair. I really like how it adds that one little extra something. Pop dots and pearls finished off this "shabby room birthday wishes" card. 


Here is the photo inspiration for the week....I think I got as close as I could? :) Thank you! 


Thanks for stopping by and have a great Sunday! 
xoxo
*Update*
Im sooo honored to be a winner!! Thank you so much! 

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Just adorable...so so pretty! Love the gorgeous scene you have created, its perfect! So happy you joined us in The Shabby Tea Room!