Thursday, July 19, 2012

Timeless *Donna Salazar*

Good Morning my scrappy friends! 
It's Lisa once again sharing with you a shabby chic, fairy tale layout made for one of my amazing DT girls. If you have been following Donna's Salazar's Blog, then you probably know that Donna had this great idea to exchange photos with each other every month for the next 6 months. In the end, we will have our own scrapbook with lots of wonderful artwork from each person...how exciting is that! I cant wait to give and receive some artwork that I will treasure forever!
So my first picture is from Mandy Harrell. It is her little girl and she is such a super doll! She was looking like a princess to me with that adorable smile and wearing a pink tulle skirt. I originally, was going to title it "enchanting" since the design is in a fairy tale type theme....but when I spoke to Mandy for a little input for a title and journaling, she told me that this was a rare photo in time because her daughter was so calm in this photo and usually she is wild with a little dirty face...lol....so that is when I decided to title it "Timeless" :)


Here you can see a closer view of the "Floral Oval" mirror that I made out of corrugated board from Donna. It is really pretty IRL. I ran the floral oval diecut several times through the machine since it has so many intricate details, then I inked it with my favorite white ink "Mix'd Media Inx- Jasmine" and embossed it with "Jasmine Embossing Powder". I diecut an oval with silver cardstock to resemble a mirror and framed it with dusty pink paper. On top of the mirror is a "Fancy Tag 2" cut in white and cream cardstock with the title and journaling. 


I wanted a vintage type flower in lace but I didn't have one.....so I just made one and placed a crystal brad in the center. The little clock for my timeless theme is just a clipart clock ran through the computer. I also made a new kind of rose in pink and added lots on "Fairy Dust Glitter- Sugar Shimmer" I really love how it gives lots of bling to a flower. 


Lots of fun Donna products here! 
The "Bitty Blossoms" are just my favorite thing to make lately...I tell you if you don't have them it sure is a great investment....I can stop making them and neither will you! lol I used more "Mix'd Media Inx" in Jasmine on the flourish chipboard by Want 2 Scrap, but I also used the "Chiffon" Mix'd Media Inx on the light pink flower. It was originally in white. I made my own background paper using "Pralines & Cream" Smooch on the cream cardstock with a swirl mask. The pink cardstock is stamped with "Stanza" music and embossed using more "Mixd Media Inx" Vintage and "Embossing Powder" in Honey. This is also the same colors for the leaves too. All the bling is from Want 2 Scrap, I cut up one of the bling into 3 pieces. 


A 3D view with a reflection of the mirror and even the photo....lol 
The lace skirt under the mirror is a doily, I cut the center out and then I cut it in half with folds. 


So, I hope you enjoyed my project today....but I REALLY hope Mandy likes it! 
Have a Great Day! 
Hugs!!

Products:


No comments: