Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"Be My Cupid" Scrap That! Tutorial

Hello again!
I'm here today to share with you on how I made my "Be My Cupid" card.
I mentioned it earlier that I would share with you on Scrap That! 
So as promised...I'm sharing the full tutorial.
As you will see...it sure is very easy to make with the February Kit from Scrap that!
So here below is the card that you will be making today.


This is a side view of the card...as you can see it really has some dimension to it.
It is also lovely for the upcoming Valentine in your life  :)


So lets get started!
First take a piece of white cardstock.
I usually use a heavier cardstock like Bazzill or DCWV
because of the weight of the embellishments.
I did use Bazzill White Smooth Cardstock for this card. 


Next cut the cardstock at 5 inches and then fold it in half so the card base is 5 x 6 inches.


 Use the beautiful square doily that comes with the main kit and cut the edges off.
You will only use 2 sides...so you will be able to save the other pieces for another project or make a duplicate card if you want to send one to someone else. 
Love is in the Air... :)


Take 2 pieces of the doily and place them on opposite sides of the card as shown here. 


Diecut a piece of pink cardstock. 
I used Decorative Labels Eight...but you can use whatever you have on hand or make a rectangle.
I then placed the white netting on top of the pink cardstock. 


Take the white felt hearts that are in the main kit, one large and one smaller than that.
Using permanent glue....hold down the pink      while you go around the heart.
Let it dry for a little bit. 


Place the small roses form the main kit and add the cherub from the add on kit in the center.
Place them on the smaller of the 2 felt hearts.


When it is dry, layer the 2 pieces together. 


Add the lovely flowers and make a bow with the ribbon from the main kit.
I used Microsoft Word for Mac for the title and diecut it with Spellbinders
Mixd Media Elements.
Last but not least, add some pearl swirls and this card is complete!


I hope you were inspired to make your own Valentine Card too.
It is so easy and fast...yet you loved ones will 
think you worked on it for hours...
Have a Happy Valentine's Day!
xoxo
Lisa

1 comment:

DebraK said...

Very cute, I love it!