Monday, July 18, 2011

Star Flowers

There are so many beautiful paper flowers made by layering flowers over flowers…so I was looking at different shapes of flowers and I seen some look like stars. That’s when I decided to make stars over stars…. J This is another way to make some fabulous flowers if you don’t own a flower punch. So here is how I made my star flowers.

First, I cut out 8 stars, 4 different sizes x 2 : 2.5inch, 2inch, 1.5 inch and 1 inch

Second, I chalked the edges of all of them and added dots by using a fine tip marker.

Third, I scrunched the edges of the stars using my fingertips.

Fourth, I layered the stars on top of each other.

Lastly, I added a button in the center….and curled the tips upwards.

Here is another view:

Hope you try these star flowers on your next project!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Anna C said...

Love these! Such a kool idea! TFS!

K Clark said...

what a great idea... love it... I am trying to make my pages and cards a little more 3d and I am sure that this will help :)

KellyCreates said...

Awesome technique! Thanks for sharing :)

Lisa said...

Wow, these flowers are so beautiful! I love that you used stars to make them! The are so awesome! Thanks so much for sharing how to make them...I will definitely give them a try! And thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Linda Pekrul said...

Beautiful flowers. Love their simplicity.