Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Beauty Of Christmas *Prima -12 Days Of Christmas*

Hello everyone...hope you are having a great Sunday!
I sure have been busy with DT projects lately and I was finally able to make a new card. 
I was totally inspired by the talented Gerry Van Gent's beautiful card that is part of the 
When I think of the beauty of Christmas, I think beautiful poinsettias, the peace of birds hiding in their snowy birdhouses and of course snow! Dont get that here in the valley of the sun....but I do remember.
I wanted to place a title on the card...but ran out of room with all the flowers! lol
I had one creamy white rose that has been sitting around for a while. 
Im so glad I was finally able to use it on this card because I only needed one to make it perfect. 


This card is a 5 x 6 inch card...my favorite size.
I embossed the white frame and white center with my cuttlebug, 
using a swirl frame and snowflakes folders. I also used spellbinders
victorian lace motifs and labels 20. 
The white poinsettias are out of cardstock using the petite poinsettia diecut
from spellbinders too. Lots of little pearls in the centers. 
The cute birdhouse is normally tan in color, I just inked it white and embossed it in white.
The little bird and diecut are from Heartfelt Creations- 
Brookside Manor and Garden Romance.


Here is a closer view of all the beautiful flowers. 
I added flower soft to the red flowers and the handmade pine cones out of kraft cardstock.
It really gives if a snowy christmas feel to it! :) 
In the background I used holly flourish from cheery lynn designs and layers Prima leaves on top of that.


Hope you were just as inspired by my card as I was to Gerry's...thank you!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Hugs
xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa!
I wanted to thank you for sharing this gorgeous card! You really did a fantastic job!
And Thank You for playing along with us!
Hugs ~Gerry~