Monday, June 29, 2015

The Shabby Tea Room DT Call : It's Your Day

Hi, 
I know it is late in the day, but I decided that I would enter this card into The Shabby Tea Room Design Team Call. I have been thinking about it for the past 2 weeks....I couldn't remember if I had a teapot somewhere? Well after finally reading that I was close to the end of the calling, I looked through all my cricut cartridges and found ONE teapot! Whew! This card took me about an hour to make...sometimes I think better under pressure? lol 


I crimped the teapot and chalked the edges with brown ink. Two white flowers and three pink roses were placed on top with three pieces of baby breath diecut from Cheery Lynn Designs. The doily diecut in the background is also from Cheery Lynn Designs. I distressed the two layers of pink papers with my Distrezz It All. Love that machine! 


I added pink roses sheer ribbon and white lace on the top and bottom of the card. The tea cup was cut with my cricut and I chalked the edges and the top for tea. The I added a bit of liquid applique to the edge for a little froth.  I used a tiny stamp with the same brown chalk. Lastly, I was thinking about the cookies and cakes....then I remembered that I recently bought some Melissa Francis Resin pieces... Perfect! 


The beautiful shabby teapot photo inspiration! 


Thanks for stopping by and wish me luck! 
Hugs Lisa

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Your card is so pretty, love all the pink! And I wish you all the best, you would be a wonderful addition to the shabby tea design team!

Debbie said...

Hi Lisa! Maybe I missed it, but I can't seem to find an e-mail contact for you on your blog or profile? I'm trying to get in touch with you regarding your application for The Shabby Tea Room DT. deb 4 tasteful at earthlink dot net