Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Dozen Flowers Please!

Hello everyone, 
Im still at home with the everlasting flu.... and last night I even got pink eyes??? Yes both!! Say what! Well, tomorrow I see the doctor so I will be asking for several medications...
This morning after I cleaned my eyes out with warm compresses, I took a warm shower and felt alright enough to go downstairs into my craft room. So, here is a quick card that I made for this weeks challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs # 170 -Add a Flourish.
All dozen little flowers were made using the miniature roses. If you like me to make a tutorial on how easy and fast you can make them, just leave me a comment down below. :)


I have seen some cards in the past with this 9 frame look and I finally gave it a try. I like my cards 5 x6 or 5 x 5 and sometimes 4.25 x 5.5 so this card is a little smaller than some of the cards I have seen but I just made my squares a bit smaller. These squares happen to be 1.5 x 1.5 inches.  I cut the center of the french pastry doily out so the patterned paper could shine through. 


So as I mentioned in my latest miniature rose tutorial that I normally dont chalk/ink the centers of my flowers. However, the more I thought about it....I thought I would give it a try. I like the way they turned out and will probably do that more in the future. I LOVE pearls however, I was thinking maybe some mini brads today? It really went well with the grey background. 


I couldnt help myself using the same title again. I just love the wave to it. Need to find more soon....lol I added swirls and my favorite little leaves. I was planning to add a butterfly and then as I kept looking at the card I thought "a bit too much" you ever feel that way?? 

Cheery Lynn Diecuts Used:

DL 102 French Pastry
B152 Miniature Rose
B117 Fanciful Flourish
B178 Flourish Leaf Strip 

Meanwhile, have a great day and see you soon! 
Hugs
Lisa 

9 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Such a pretty card, love all the flowers and yes I would love to see how you made them thank you!

shulsart said...

Stunning card, Lisa, so well balanced and beautifully designed. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

irinka said...

What a beautiful card!!! LOVE the flowers on the card. So pretty

Anita Kejriwal said...

This card is the most beautiful combination of colour , die cuts, embellishments and design. Perfect card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cheery Lynn designs challenge. Good luck.

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Lisa, this is utterly gorgeous! I love the grid design and of course your pretty flourish is wonderful here!!!

Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs for our challenge. Good Luck!

Lisa said...

Coming soon lizzy!

Juliz Design Post said...

Absolutely beautiful styled card and I love your soft vintage flowers, so pretty. Thanks for joining in the Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Corina said...

So very elegant and beautiful colour palette. Thank you for joining in on the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs

LeslieRahye said...

Stunning card! I am inspired! I love the squares in the background layered with the flowers and doily! Thank you for joining Cheery Lynn Challenges!

ps...I fed your koi..they said they were hungry