Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ghost Mirror

Welcome back to my blog today. Well, I made a new card inspired by this fabulous photo that I found on online yesterday. It was part of making spooky mirrors and I loved this particular one because it was shabby chic. Isn't it so beautiful! Below is my tutorial on how I made this card. 


So here is my interpretation of this amazing photo. It is a 4.5 x 6 inch card in white cardstock. After the base of the card, I cut a 4.25 x 5.75 inch piece of white cardstock and embossed it through my cuttlebug and then chalked the edges in black. I added kling bandage between the cardstock and the mirror that you can find at your local walgreens store... To make the mirror, I diecut a piece of white cardstock with "floral ovals" and embossed it with "jasmine mix'd media inx and embossing powder" by Donna. I diecut another piece of silver metallic cardstock by Bazzill with "classic ovals" and layered that on top of the "floral oval" The little ghost was made using my cricut "happy hauntings" on vellum paper. I added little grey pearls for his eyes.  


The spiders, bat and title were also cut with my cricut "happy hauntings" and I added pearls to the body of the spiders and more grey pearls for the eyes on the bat. There is also black stickles on the bat and on the title. The candelabra was another new stamp that I found in the dollar section at Joann's recently, it is by K & Company Studio 112. I stamped it on white cardstock in "black mix'd media inx and embossing powder" again by Donna. I then added more tiny little pearls to the top of the candles. 


I used Martha Stewart "web" punch for my shelf in white and used the scoreboard to make it appear like a shelf for the candelabras. 
Last, but not least I added the chains of the bottom. I really didn't have any craft chains, so I dug through my grandmother's old jewelry box that she left me many years ago. I found this necklace in there in silver and I decided that I would give this card to my daughter. Not only as a Halloween card but as a gift with a very special meaning to this simple necklace chain. 


Thanks for stopping by...hope you have a great day!
Be sure to stop by tomorrow for my new 2 posts...
xoxo


1 comment:

Theresa said...

Very cool card. Love how you put everything together. thanks as always for sharing.