Sunday, July 12, 2015

Relax and Count the Waves...

Hello everyone! 
So it's Sunday and my last day of vacation...sigh...back to work tomorrow! 
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed? but this summer I'm all about nautical and beach cards. I just can't stop thinking about the ocean and the peacefulness it brings to my soul. So what a wonderful inspirational photo by Verve has given to me to play with and so many others on my favorite month of the year! It is called "Sensational Stripes" and that is exactly what it is all about! 
Here is my interpretation of this month's photo. 

I have two sets of striped papers, one in baby blue and one in grey. I couldn't decide if I wanted waves and beach sand, wood or fences, nautical banners or shabby chic, nautical pieces or ocean animals/seashells? So guess what? As you can see I placed them all on one card! lol 


The paper wood is a stamp from Heartfelt Creations and I embossed it in white, then added little silver stickers on the ends. I diecut the fence, stamped and embossed Verve nautical wheel & anchor. I diecut the waves in blue and Kraft paper from Reverse Confetti. Stamped some seagulls from Heartfelt Creations. I printed the sentiment up on my computer and placed it in the shabby resin window. A little burlap in the center. So finally, I thought I was ready to take some pictures....then I last minute I changed my mind and had to add a seahorse and some shells from the Internet....whew...don't think I can much more on here? lol 


Here you can see more details...it may be a bit busy for some of you scrappers/ cardmakers out there...However I had a blast making it and it feels complete to me...now I can Relax....lol


My inspirational photo by Verve....thank you so much! It is so me....


Thanks for stopping by today! 
Have a wonderful relaxing day!
Hugs Lisa

3 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Very nice, I like the wood paper and the seahorse. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Lizzyc said...

This looks amazing! I love the distressed look of the wood and love all the beach you elements too! Fabulous card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so cool! Love all those layers.