Sunday, October 31, 2010

Faux Envelopes

I recently seen some adorable envelopes from Maya Road-Kraft Collection and I thought I could make them myself by using kraft paper, eyelets, string, and chalk.
It is pretty easy to do...tutorial is below:

This is a High School photo of Roxanne, my lovely daughter, I just love this sepia photo of her. It captures her in her prime of youth. How time flies so quickly....


Here are a few close-ups:





Here is the tutorial for faux envelopes:

First, make two 4.5 inch rectangles from kraft paper.


Next cut one rectangle in a wave pattern with wave scissors and then punch small holes in each scallop. Chalk both pieces all around and place scalloped paper on large rectangle, glue together.

Last, make 3/4 inch circles and add an eyelet in the center. Use pop dots and place on the envelope where ever you want them. Then add string or cord around the circles for a completed envelope look!

Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

very cute. tfs

Scrappycath said...

Oh so very pretty!

Vicky Alberto said...

what a genius idea - love it

kate blue said...

totally loved this tutorial-never woulda thought it myself...hope u don't mind I featured you on my blog yesterday and directed them her cause I thought this was a fantastic idea!

http://kateblue.blogspot.com/2010/11/fabulous-friday-featuring-newbie-to-me.html

Eileen said...

Love the envelope tutorial. I love those maya road envelopes -- but really a bit pricey. Can't wait to try these.

Melissa said...

What type of punch is that? I would love to purchase one.
melcalabro@optusnet.com.au