Sunday, February 22, 2015

Shabby Chic Shaker Card

Happy Sunday! 
Today, I'm sharing with you a shabby chic shaker card. I have made one shaker card prior to this one, but I will share it with you at a later time. shhh...my first shaker card is for a contest coming soon. :) This card is for this week's Anything Goes at Cheery Lynn Designs # 173. 
I was planning to make a purple card since I don't use that color very often, however I ended up using pinks, creams, and browns. All the diecuts are from Cheery Lynn and I used a MS punch along the edge of the cream cardstock. Did you notice the big brown bow? I finally figured out how to make this gorgeous double bows that I have admired from soooo many cardmakers. Yay!


I used a bit of lace for the top of the window for a curtain. The tiny beads are in each separate window. I used white foam to raise the card up and clear transparency film plus cardstock on top for the window.


Here is a close up of the flowers. I used Gala Glitz in brown for the centers. The stamp "thanks"I used brown chalk and fussy cut out. Then I curled it a bit with my fingers. The beautiful stamps are from Just Rite. I love making lots of thank you cards because you never know when you need one right away! 


Loving the double bow :) 
I also added pink pearls to the top of the window and one in each corner of the punched corners.


An inside view of the card and I even added another flower after I took this picture. 
You can see it on my video tutorial below...


Cheery Lynn Diecuts Used:

FRM141 Window A
SF-2 Stacker Flowers #2
B241 Rose Leaf Strip
B178 Flourish Leaf Strip
B152 Miniature Rose 

Here is a new tutorial using miniature roses to make different kinds of flowers.
It was a request by Lizzy C.  
Enjoy and thanks for watching! 



Have a great day! 
Hugs 
Lisa

4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Hi Lisa, This is such a lovely card, love the shaker window, and those flowers are so cute too.. thanks for sharing how you make them.. I love the how the centres add so much to them too.. Now I can go and make some of these flowers hehe!! So glad you are feeling better too... oh and your nails look gorgeous too! Have a great day!

Juliz Design Post said...

Adore your shaker card with all the beads and great video tutorial TFS. Good luck with your entry at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Julie x

shulsart said...

What a wonderful card, Lisa, I love how you added beads to each window pain. Lovely flowers and a great tutorial. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

LeslieRahye said...

lovely card! your flowers are beautiful! Thank you for the tutorial! Thank you for joining Cheery Lynn Challenges! Good Luck!