Monday, February 2, 2015

Just A Little Note

Hello everyone! 
Can you believe it is already Feb? Wow!! 
Today I'm sharing with you a card using a fabulous sketch from Cardabilities #116. This is my first time checking out the sketches there and wow is there some beautiful sketches and also amazing talent! Here is my interpretation of the sketch (bottom of the post) I wanted to use kraft paper and a bit of burlap on this card. I diecut out the heart and crimped it then punched tiny holes along the edges. 


I then layered a smaller heart cut with burlap on top. There is a bow made with cord on top. Some of the flowers were made with bitty blossoms and some made with miniature roses from cheery lynn. 3 of the them were store bought at my local Michael's in the dollar bins. Can you tell which is which? lol


I layered the flowers down first with greenery leaves in between from cheery lynn. Lately I have been using them a lot. They are just the right size for cards. The swirly spray is a diecut from memory box. I used it once in kraft and then the peach on top. 


One of my favorite parts of this card is my new stamp that I bought on clearance last week at Joann's for i think 2 dollars? I just love the wave to it and i just fussy cut it out and curled it a bit and glued it down in two spots. I also added a few green pearls that I have leftover from a project I while ago. The paper was stamped in the background and the heart diecuts are from Heartfelt Creations.  


So here is the beautiful sketch! It is perfect for this month! 


Other challenges:
                    MY SHERI CRAFTS CHALLENGE #149 - Valentine's Day

Thanks for stopping by and see you soon! 

3 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

This is so beautiful! Love the use of the burlap here! Very clever! Love all the wonderful details! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

Ann said...

I love the card, flowers and hearts. It's stunning!
Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities :)

Mrs Frizz said...

beautiful - all the layering - really is beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.