Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Mother...

Happy Sunday! 
I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, Last night, I was up a few times again with this never ending cough from the flu I had last week. At 3am in the morning I was in so much pain from my throat that I almost cried! I desperately looked up on line quick at home remedies. Gargle with salt water....duh! I don't know why I didn't think of that before? Delirious i guess? Needless to say it must have helped because I finally fell asleep and woke up in less pain! Thank you Lord! I was so exhausted! I sure needed that sleep. 

So today at Cheery Lynn Challenge Blog # 171 is all about being Tickled Pink! I started to make this card last night and finished it up this morning. My mother loves shabby chic and pink so I thought I would make this card a bit early for mother's day. 


I used 4 different Cheery Lynn Diecuts for this 5 x 6 card. Since the theme is really all pinky, I added some pink pearls all around the card. I really wanted to use a pink satin bow but I dont have any this shade? Oh no! lol So I used the next best thing...a pink sheer that I found a the dollar store. It is my first triple bow and I really like the look so you may be seeing more of these in the future. :)


So here is a close up of the sentiment. It is not my quote. I seen it on another card a long time ago but I honestly don't know where and who made the stamp? So sorry! So I just printed it up on my computer and diecut it out. Then I added some pink distressing ink and added some pop dots behind it for a 3D look.


You know how I mentioned on my last card that I wanted to add a butterfly? TaDa! Today, I had the perfect spot for it...with one tiny pearl! 


A closer view of the pink flowers. Miniature Roses and a Posy. If you get the chance...
Don't forget to check out my video tutorial for miniature roses. 


Cheery Lynn Diecuts Used:

DL153 Polynesian Sails Oval
DL113 Exotic Butterflies Small #2
B152 Miniature Rose
B117 Fanciful Flourish

Spellbinders Diecut Used:
Classic Ovals Large

So thank you for stopping by and have a great Sunday! 
Hugs
Lisa




4 comments:

shulsart said...

Beautiful card, Lisa, love your stunning flowers and layered die cuts. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Lizzyc said...

Really beautiful card.. love all the flowers and dies and yes that bow is superb!!

Karen said...

I think your Mother will love this gorgeous card! I love the sentiment and the stunning flowers you made too!
Thanks for joining in on the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Good luck!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Hi Lisa, this is just a gorgeous card for your sweet Mom! Your flowers and the frame are perfect!!!

Thank you so much for joining us in our the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs this week. Best wishes!