Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's Your Day *TSTR #162 "Pretty Shabby"*

Hello, I wanted to share with you today my shabby chic card inspired by this week's The Shabby Tea Room #162 "Pretty Shabby" Challenge. So when I check out the week's photo inspiration, I tend to lean towards the photo completely. I guess it is because when I am making cards in general I am inspired by photos...so once again here is what I think looks like the photo (below). I used lots of Cheery Lynn Diecuts on this 5 x 5 card. The butterfly, the roses, the kraft leaves, doilies and the beautiful window. The branches behind the leaves are from Spellbinders "mixd media elements" by Donna Salazar.


This week's challenge was to use the colors in the photo as well as something recycled. My recycled item was popsicle sticks. I used 4 in total. Two are the base and two were cut up in 2 inches and layered sideways for the steps with pearls on the ends. 


Here is the photo inspiration...see what I mean! lol


All the bottles were cut with my cricut "walk in my garden" vases at 1 inch in turquoise and white cardstock. I then added diamond glaze to the tops for a glossy and water look. All the tiny flowers were made with a punch bunch and I added pearls in the centers. 


Here you can see the true dimension to this card. I made the tag with a new diecut from Heartfelt Creations and the sentiment was stamped from a wine stamp set. I tend to use the computer quite a bit for my sentiments and almost did again but then I found the perfect size stamp for this small tag. :)


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you get inspired by the photo as much as I did too! 
Have a great evening. 
Hugs...

1 comment:

Glenda said...

So pretty! Love the butterfly!