Friday, February 22, 2013

"Time Flies"

 TGIF! 
I'm so glad today is Friday and I actually have a 4 day weekend from work off. Yay!
So I started to make this week's Mojo Monday #281 sketch a couple of days ago and finally was able to finish it last night. When i seen the sketch, I really liked the basic circles but I wanted to make them somewhat different from my normal flower cards. So I was thinking about sprockets, gears and steampunk. So here is the card that I think you could give to a man or woman for any occasion. 
Amazing how "Time Flies"


So to make this card I used my cricut "accent essentials" for the sprockets using 2 different diecuts at 3 inches each. Then I used several stamp collections and embossed them with "leather" embossing powder. It looks like copper when it is heated up. I also added a few balloons and a few pieces of metal from Tim Holtz. The background paper is from the "scrap that" kit that I used earlier this month from "prima" Its so vintage and perfect for any card or layout.


In the background a piece of ruler ribbon and I used twine for a bow...no flowers.. or girly ribbons. LoL...There are pop dots behind all the sprockets and the balloons to give it a bit of dimension.


Here is that fabulous sketch that inspired this steam punk card. Thanks Mary!


Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!! 
xoxo

2 comments:

morentin1326 said...

perfect... and the balloon, that was just the right touch...

Kathy Sheely said...

Love this!! Great take on the sketch.