Thursday, October 25, 2012

Best Fishes To You!

Hi and welcome back to my blog for a different kind of card from me today!
This card is for a contest at the local Stamp Convention here in AZ on November 3. 
All the cards will be donated afterwards...so it is for a good cause. :)
The theme is "under the sea" so this is what I came up with for my thoughts about under the sea. 
This is the smallest card I have ever made, it is 4.25 x 5.5 inches. 
I chatted with some of my girlfriends who make cards and I guess this is a normal size....but for me it seems tiny? lol


I embossed the teal and blue cardstock and even decided to go with some quilling for the plants.
The kraft cardstock is torn to appear to look like the sand of the bottom of the ocean. 
So my son tells me there are no beta fish in the ocean or sea...thanks son....I chose this image and colored it with yellow stickles because it was a pretty fish... :)


I added clear buttons and tiny pearls to represent bubbles. Also the title I found online...I thought it was really cute. The tiny seashell I colored with copic markers and added diamond glaze with more pearls. 
I really am hoping that this little card might be one of the 4 winners at the convention and I can win some $$ for shopping....like I really need to do that! lol
Wish me luck! 


Thanks for stopping by! 
xoxo

1 comment:

paddie said...

A very pretty card..I like the fish a lot too.
nicely done

pat