Monday, August 20, 2012

Shabby Chic Birthday

Hello scrappy friends! Today, is my daughter Roxanne's 20th birthday...her golden birthday right? 
The 20th on the 20th? Happy Birthday Baby! Well, I wanted to make her a beautiful card for her to remember me...for years to  pass...she loves vintage and blues & greens. I found these amazing 6 x 6 inch papers in small packs at Michael's a couple of weeks ago....they are shabby treasures and I just love the patterns! The super best part of the find was they were 25 cents! OMGosh!!! what a amazing deal! You cant even buy a piece of gum for that anymore! lol I also bought the little resin birdhouses that are from Recollections...there are 3 in a pack and they were on clearance for 99 cents...so I bought what they had...3 packs...Woo hoo! happy dance!
 They come in light brown and I just painted them white for my shabby chic theme.


The tiny roses are made with "bitty bloosoms" the middle size and the adorable birds that I just cant stop using are from Heartfelt Creations "brookside manor" with the matching diecut "garden romance" Since I have been on the button kick lately I decided to add some matching blue buttons too! 
For my past birthday in July, my sons bought me a fabulous giftcard for Hobby Lobby and well I bought more buttons and a lot more goodies coming soon! 


The white ribbon has a pearl string wrapped around it 3 times then glued down with 
glue dots and extra glue so it wont move. 


Thanks for stopping by my newest shabby chic birthday card!
Have a great week!
Hugs! 

5 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks really beautiful.. I hope I can do cards like that one day!!

Caroline D. said...

gorgeous!! love the blues and whites!! You found some great deals at Michaels it sounds like... the birdhouse is a great embellishment!

irinka said...

Beautiful. What a color!!!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

So gorgeous! Love all your work. Thanks!
Rachelle
http://scrapping247365.blogspot.com/

Mihaela said...

Gorgeous work!!!Love the design and colors!