Sunday, April 15, 2012

Wonderful Birthday!

Hi, I wanted to share a card that I made by scraplifting Becca Feeken's beautiful card. I happened to find her blog recently and when I seen this card...i knew I wanted to make it for a birthday card. Thank you Becca!
It is pretty much the same except, I added an extra oval, different stamp sentiment, different paper and a different butterfly. I was at the scrapbook convention yesterday when I bought the beautiful Spellbinders Floral Ovals and Romantic Rectangles. OMGoodness! They are so delicate and intricate...love them! I also bought the butterfly from Cheery Lynn Designs, it is called Exotic Butterflies Small #2. They are so delicate too! Perfect for cards and scrapbooking layouts. The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations called Inspire Me Sentiments. I used some tim holtz ink to get the perfect match to my paper.

As you can see here, I used the "Romantic rectangle for the card base. I scored .25 inch on the back of the card so it would open and also used the same patterned paper by Graphic 45 inside. When I plan on using it I will add one more piece of cream paper for my personal birthday wishes. I also added some pop dots under the small "Floral Ovals" and under the sentiment oval, which is also by spellbinders called "Classic Ovals Large"

A closer view of how detailed these Spellbinder diecuts really look. I added some cream pearls and sheer ribbon like Becca....

Hope you are inspired as much as I was....be sure to check her blog out! Stunning work!
Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

DIANA L. said...

This came out absolutely beautiful.
it is so elegant and delicate.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Carol W. said...

Such a lovely and elegant card. TFS