Tuesday, April 10, 2012

There's NO Place Like Home

Hi,
Once again this evening, I was able to make another card based on Mojo Monday's # 236 sketch. As I was looking for papers, I started to think about my mother and how there is no place like home....missing her very much....
Here is the sketch by Teresa Kline....thank you!

Thinking about my mother and all the shabby chic things she loves, I used papers from K & Company and then thought about home cooking....a miss those days when we used to get together for holidays when my children were small....sigh....
So do remember all those stickers that we all start off with when we first start scrapping and cardmaking? Or still do? Well, I have soooo many just sitting in a drawer and was finally able to bring one out to use! YAY! It was perfect for the look that I was going for....

The cookie sheet and wisk are super shiny metallic paper, really gives the card a shine with all the vintage papers.

I printed up the "Missing You" and "There's NO Place Like Home" on Microsoft for Mac using two different fonts....I also used those super duper tiny cream pearls all around the card base and circle for a little extra vintage bling.

Have a great evening!!

2 comments:

PaperDragonFleur said...

Super Cute! love the heart cookies

Teresa said...

Love the card you did for the sketch! and Love your work too..congrats on making it on Donna Salazars team!