Saturday, March 31, 2012

Easy Easter Basket Tutorial


Happy Saturday!
Today I was browsing around trying to get an idea for a Easter basket made out of paper. I ran across the Martha Stewart Page and seen a cute little Easter basket. However, it was a bit larger than I wanted so I changed the size around and skipped a few steps to make this basket faster and easier to make. :)


Here is the supplies you will need:
Scoring Board
Paper Trimmer
Scissors or Kraft Knife
Glue
Cardstock: Kraft, White, Green, & Any Color

First, cut a piece of kraft cardstock 6 x 6 inches and score at 2 inches and 4 inches both ways

Next, cut the corners out with a kraft knife or scissors. Then fold edges inwards.

Using the MS garden trellis punch, punch and cut white cardstock, 6 inches x2 and 9 inches x 1

Cut a piece of kraft cardstock, 1 x 6 inches. Then layer 6 inch trellis on top of each other and glue down to the kraft paper. Place aside.

Starting on the top of the edge glue down as you go wrapping the 9 inch piece of trellis all around the box. It will keep the box together.

As you can see there will be an edge. That edge will wrap around the last edge and should line up with the rest of the trellis.

Slightly curl handle and glue in the inside of the basket.

I used my fiskars small flower punch and a vine punch from Punch Bunch, but you can add premade flowers and leaves if you want....I used my scraps.... :) I placed the flowers on the side that has the finished edge and the opposite side.

Here again is the finished baskets. They are really fast to make and perfect for little gifts or table settings. Sorry I don't have any candy in them yet.....soon! You get the idea! lol


Hope you enjoyed my tutorial.....thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Becky Dunham said...

These are so cute Lisa! I really need to get that punch! I have been wanting it for so long...

Glenda said...

These are adorable! Thanks for the tutorial!