Friday, October 28, 2011

*Scrap That! November “Putting on the Glitz” Blog Hop Reveal

Welcome to the Scrap That! November "Putting on the Glitz" Reveal Blog Hop!

First stop on your “hop” is this blog, so if you are here you are in the right place! We have EIGHT BEAUTIFUL blogs for you to visit this weekend, each with some gorgeous projects created using the Scrap That! November "Putting on the Glitz" Glitz Design Vintage Blue collection of papers. So sit back, relax, take your time and enjoy!

If you have just arrived here from Karen’s blog you are in the correct place! If not, head back to the Scrap That! blog for the blog hop order and links. Today I’m going to share with you my project using the Scrap That! November “Putting on the Glitz” Kit featuring the Glitz Design Vintage Blue Paper Collection.
This first layout is yellows and whites....I love the vintage feeling of those amazing shutters by Prima! If you don't have any yet I highly recommend getting some with this amazing add-on kit...In this kit I couldn't stop layering and layering...it has to be my newest favorite kit! I added doilies from a prior Scrap That kit and white lace. This is my Roxy again....she was going through a fad of wearing this yellow ASU jacket like everyday....It was the perfect color photo for this beautiful kit!

A closer view of those amazing vintage shutters...
I made the flowers with cardstock and added the beautiful prima flowers from the kit in the center. I also crimped the leaves and layered them over the swirls from Heartfelt Creations and spellbinders.
Here is my second layout, I used lots of layering of these gorgeous blues and yellows together. This layout was made with the main kit and the only thing I added was the DA music chipboard..hint...it came from another main kit from Scrap That too! I made some of the paper flowers with spellbinders roses...super easy and fun to make... This photo is of my oldest dd and her boyfriend. I RARELY get photos of them together....I think he is picture shy....lol...but the blues of their shirts was the perfect photo to use with these amazing blue vintage papers.
Here is a close-up of the prima roses and the handmade paper flowers. I took part of the feathers from one of the kit's flowers and used it as part of a fun look behind the flowers. The stickles was also from a prior Scrap That kit and as you can see every month you can add on and on from prior kits! Love it!
Here I made some hearts and layered them over each other in the blues and yellows. Here you can see the beautiful DA birdcage that comes with this month's kit. I also loved the birds that I just cut out and used some pop dots behind them....
My third layout is my adorable little niece....I have had this photo for a long time. It is a 5x7 photo of my brother's oldest daughter. She is 6 now! lol...I have been waiting for the perfect colors, papers and theme to capture the beauty of this photo....and...well, this month's kit was just that! Love the yellow flowers and vintage papers...I did add some bling, doily and a small piece of lace.
Here is a close-up of the beautiful grey flower and yellow flowers that come with the add-on kit. It truly is a beautiful flower IRL.

Thank you for stopping by! Next stop on the hop is Robin’s blog.

Do not forget my secret word, it is LASER.


But just to remind you of all the ways you can win:

STEP ONE: First of all, you will need to visit all EIGHT blogs and leave a comment on each blog :) Take your time!! Our designers have beautiful blogs :) **This is important so we know you have been to all the blogs **. (Please note: Dusty Attic does not have a blog but just follow the link leave a comment on the forum thread in their community.) There will be a randomly drawn comment winner from each blog, and one of those lucky ladies will be selected to win a fabulous package of Prima! How easy is that?

STEP 2: Once you’ve done that, you’ll need to swing by our * facebook page, and LIKE us, and then head over to our *social community and become a MEMBER. Once you’ve done that you will be eligible to win a Scrap That! store gift certificate. All qualifying entries will also be entered into a draw for the PRIZE, of a FULL Scrap That! Paper Crafting Kit!

STEP 3: If you want to enter to win the Grand Prize of a Glitz Prize Package generously provided by the Glitz Girls, then head over to our COMMUNITY for details on our monthly challenge. The challenge will run from Oct 28th to Nov 15th so you have LOTS of time to post your creations. You can enter as many times as you like. You do not need to be a subscriber to participate. The more entries, the more chances you have to win!

STEP 4: Who doesn’t LOVE some Dusty Attic? Who wouldn’t want to win some Dusty Attic?

Then, while you are hopping, you will want to be looking for the “special” word on each blog. Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence. Email the sentence to friends@scrapthat.ca. All correct entries will be entered into a draw for the Dusty Attic Prize Pack.

STEP 5: Finally, if you post our blinkie on your blog you will be entered to win a Scrap That! Store Gift Certificate - super easy right? Just post a link to your blog on the Scrap That! Blog so we can come visit :).

If you get lost along the way go back to the Scrap That! blog for the blog rotation.

We hope you all have good fun hopping with us today, thank you so much for playing along! Watch the Scrap That! newsletter on November 21st to see if you are one of the lucky winners!


35 comments:

Shona said...

wow these are just so gorgeous Lisa...my new favs from you :)

Vicky Alberto said...

divine creations as always, love that first one WOW!

Kathy said...

I love how you used the shutters! Thanks for the idea!

langeatheart said...

I love how you made the blues and yellows work so beautifully together! Your layouts are stunning thanks for sharing them!

Unknown said...

amazing vibrant pages - love how dimensional your pages are

Unknown said...

Oh so very pretty! I love all the various styles used!

Krystle said...

I love how dimensional and monochromatic your first layout is!

EFI said...

Hello Lisa! Ι can not get enough to admire your amazing creations!!! Just stunning!!! So many details and techniques! I looove all those embellishments! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Romy said...

Wowzers, these are all stunning! I agree with Vicky: that first layout has to be one of my all time favs of yours!

Nita said...

I love how you combined the colors, these layouts are breathtaking.

Lizzyc said...

wow. these layouts are so beautiful.. love everything about them..

Keren Tamir said...

Your layouts are absolutely stunning!!

Scraps of Elegance said...

Beautiful work Lisa! Awesome homemade flowers too. I need that Hearfelt Creations die cut.

Unknown said...

SOOOO lovely

Lana Vassallo said...

Your layouts take my breath away!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous LOs. I love the yellow one and the way you've used the shutters. The fussy cut birds are so charming - I can't imagine leaving them as part of the paper layers and covering them up!

Linda Pekrul said...

Beautiful work Lisa. I love the layout of your niece.

Scattychick said...

Wow they are all gorgeous and such a lot of work into each one.

Linapyssel said...

You attention to deatail is stunning and I was just mesmorized by Lo #2! WOW!!!!
I finished half of my coffee staring at it!!
Thank you for all the inspiration love your work!
Hugs Lina

Fran Brunke said...

Beautiful - all three. I love the sunny, outdoors feel of the first l/o, with its layers, doilies and shutters. And how sweet are those cloud forms for the title!

Sandi Smith said...

WOW!!!!Such stunning creations! This kit was made for you!

Lolô Artesanato said...

Amazing Lisa
tks for inspiration
xx
Leila

Cindie said...

Once again... some beautifully mastered creations from you. Thanks for always providing such inspiration.

Raquel SK said...

This is such a beautiful collection, and your layouts are adorable. I really like the color combo.-Raquel @ Raquelsdesigns.blogspot.com

Dorthe said...

The second layout of yours is just amazing! I love everything about it - you did such a great job! I do like the other layouts too - hihi... Thanks for showing.

Carole Wright said...

wow, I just have to give blue and yellow a go. I love the layouts youve done with yellow and white and with blue and white the best.
I love doillys and lace so this is a great combo.

Faye Marie said...

I love all the layering! Great job!!!!!!!1

Ava Gavloski said...

Lisa , as usual very nice layouts!! You have really showcased your photo's on this blue/yellow color base!!
ava

Sue Lui said...

Oh my! Love the gorgeous details on your layouts, Lisa!

Mohawk Crafter said...

Love your pages. After the blog hop I am heading over to purchase some kits from Scrap That! and try my hand at designing some awesome pages myself!

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

I think your LO #2 has to be my fav. Such attention to detail. It is truly amazing! Thanks for giving us such a fantastic inspiration. Hugs...Mona

Nicole Doiron said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Especially the yellow layout! I just fell in love with it!

Lisa aka Raining said...

Stunning work Lisa! I love how you crimped your HC leaves!

Bubby's Momma said...

Lisa, Your layouts are magnifico!. It must take you hours to do one page. I love everything about them. Now I just want "time" and I will be all set.
Margie Green - USA

Cherished said...

Wonderful Blog